the nitty gritty
Verify and maintain records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Duties include assembling, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products.
Top compatible occupations
- Receiving Clerk
- Receiving Manager
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- Shipping Clerk
- Shipping Coordinator
- Shipping/Receiving Clerk
- Traffic Manager
- Possible duties
- Skills & education
- Related resources
- Get started
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders, to route materials.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using hand tools, power tools, or postage meter.
- Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Deliver or route materials to departments using handtruck, conveyor, or sorting bins.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Determine shipping methods, routes, or rates for materials to be shipped.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, shipping, storage, or demurrage charges, using computer or price list.
- Compare shipping routes or methods to determine which have the least environmental impact
Skills and education
- Production and Processing
- English Language
- Customer and Personnel Service
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension Coordination
- Judgment and Decision Making
How do I get started?
Here is some text that needs said.